Sally Hansen: Insta-Dri Jumpin' Jade

While I was reviewing my past swatches, I realised that... they are all pink! So today, I shall show you a darker and bolder colour - Jumpin' Jade by Sally Hansen:

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Pumpin' Jade swatches

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Pumpin' Jade swatches

This is really a gorgeous dark shimmery emerald green that is darker around the edges and lit from within - my favourite type. If you take a closer look (click for larger resolution), it is packed with a breathtaking mix of blue and green shimmer. I could stare at the picture the whole day!

Application was pretty smooth except that I still could not get the brush right. I wonder if I am just clumsy or if the brush is a little too wide and stiff for easy control. Although I can cover the whole nail with just one or two strokes, I can't seem to steer clear of my cuticles and fingers. The formula is good and you can get complete coverage with just one coat. It dries fairly quickly too.

But as with the Flashy Fuchsia, it is rather hard to clean up. It took me a while to clean up the areas around the nail. I ended up bumping into the middle finger twice while fiddling with my index finger and the ring finger so please excuse the smudge. I was too lazy to go through the trouble of removing the nail colour after seeing my sister having a hard time with it. She had been wearing Jumpin' Jade for about a week, largely chip-free, but it took her ages to get rid of most of the greenish hue on her nails.

Overall, this is really a lovely colour and, like my sister, I can see myself wearing this rather frequently!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Categories