China Glaze: Stone Cold

Hello polished pretties!!

Ahhh.. it feels good to be doing a proper blog post!
I finally took some time off my assignments to do a quick swatch of the China Glaze Colors from the Capitol haul I received earlier last week just because... the movie is scheduled for release THIS WEEK!!
Gahhh how I wish I could watch it but I think I will have to wait until I finish my last assignment :(
Ok ok... let's not let that dampen our mood, shall we?

First up, we have Stone Cold from District 2 - Masonry! (Sounds like I'm hosting some beauty pageant haha!)


OOOhhh... such a gorgeous black matte with silver shimmer!
Please pardon me while I marvel at it a bit more. This is my very first matte polish and I am still very fascinated by it. I can't quite pin down the look and feel of it. I had expected it to give me chalkboard-ish nails (literally) but it came out looking surprisingly chic and sophisticated looking with just a hint of androgyneity. I likee!
Time for me to get a matte topcoat and... MATTIFY EVERYTHING! *waves bottle around in excitement*



The application caught me by surprise though. I've read that matte polishes dry fairly quickly but I didn't quite expect it to be that quick. The first brushstroke was already drying even before I finish painting that nail!! Being the matte noob that I am, I panicked a little and tried to do a second coat to smooth things out. Of course, I only made things worse. -_- lol! Thankfully, the polish smoothed itself out after a little while and I had my first set of perfect matte nails :D

And just because the silvery shimmers were begging me to let them shine... I added a top coat just to see how they will look:





Ahhh... shimmery dark beauty!! Wurrveeeee!

What do you think of Stone Cold? What are your favorite matte polishes?

Stay tuned for more Hunger Games polishes coming up this week! :D

xoxo,
mich

p.s. Remember to enter our giveaway to win polishes from the China Glaze Hunger Games, OPI Holland and Tony Moly Galaxy collections! Only one more day left!

31 comments:

  1. Love the colors!!

    Arra
    theprincessonthebrink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh nice, I think the glossy finish shows off the shimmers in this polish way better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! Two different blacks in one polish :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! I can't decide whether I like the matte or the glossy more. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you think so too! I think most matte polishes look good with and without top coat! Gotta love them all!
    Pretty nail art btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this colour!!
     all your nail posts are so great love them :)
     i spent half an hour checking them out you ve done a great job with your blog :DD

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww.. thank you <3!! Glad you like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. this polish is AMAZING! I want it so bad! I'm in my matte perdiod ;D not flat matte but rather shimmery matte, like stone cold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. me too! They look good matte and shiny! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had this polish on my wishlist for awhile now ... time for me to get off my butt and buy it!  I love it!  I don't own ANY matte polishes, but I'm definitely ready to jump on the matte bandwagon.  I've had my eye out for a matte topcoat. Can't wait to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am the oddball here.. I used to like matte polish but I don't like this color in matte, I think it looks better with top coat on

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really nice!  Since I'm not a matte fan though, I prefer it with the top coat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning! 
    Keep up the good work:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOh you're right, they look very sophisticated!  I'm not a big fan of matte polish because they remind me of chalkboards -=X But I've been thinking about getting a matte top coat.... Maybe I'm just a fan of shiny nails!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sure took me a while to love matte polishes lol! But now that I'm on it, I'm definitely investing in a matte topcoat too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh? Which other matte polishes do you like? I need to start looking more at mattes! *ashamed of self*

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know what you mean! I bought this matte because I fell in love with the swatches with top coat. But after I tried it, I'm starting to think maybe matte is quite interesting after all lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. me too!! I held back on mattes because I don't like the sound when something scratches the chalkboard *goosebumps* Thankfully this one didn't turn out as bad as I thought. 
    And did you say 'shiny'? *transforms into a magpie* ;p

    ReplyDelete
  19. There are 3 colors from Zoya Mod Matte Collections which I really like and if you like dark colors, Nubar has4 colors in their Modern Matte Fall collection in 2009 which look pretty too. :) 

    What I did was to get a matte top coat to create matte look with my existing colors. Sometime the formula of matte polish is not easy to work with :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yes, they look pretty amazing!
    I'm definitely gonna get a matte top coat soon! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this polish, it's such a nice change since I'm not used to matte polishes.  The formula on this one is really forgiving for a matte, though I'm only comparing this to a couple other ones I've tried personally...I think a good matte top coat is the way to go matte.  When you get one, you have to try matte glitter!  It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yes! I've seen matte creme glitters and they look so soft and pretty!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. yess!! matte glitter is one of its kind. if you're addicted, nothing else satisfies! ^_^ - jayo.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great color and really suits finger nails shape.


    by Places To
    Go

     

    ReplyDelete
  25. I bought it earlier today - tried one nail, just to see... and it was dry in 5 seconds flat! I need more polishes like this one... :D

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories